Youth Midweek Meditation
Every week we will meditate on a new Psalm! Each Wednesday, a new Psalm will be posted on the socials.
Instructions are below...
What you need:
• Bible / Bible App
• Pen / Pencil
• Crayons / Markers / Colored Pencils / Digital Art Capability
• Paper / Journal
• Open your Bible to Psalm. Read the Psalm silently to yourself.
• Now read it out loud.
• Write the Psalm on your paper or in your journal. If it takes you awhile, that's okay.
• Go through the Psalm and circle or highlight words that stick out to you.
Why are these words important to you?
• If there are any words that you don't understand, look them up.
• Are there names of people or places your aren't familiar with? Look them up.
• Try to imagine what the author was feeling when he wrote this Psalm.
What were his emotions? Struggles? Frustrations? Excitements?
Have you ever felt this way? When? Why?
• Write your own psalm about a time when you experienced what the author might have experienced.
• Find a verse from Psalm that sticks with you. Write it on a piece of paper and keep it where you can see it this week.
• Pray through the Psalm, asking God to reveal Himself to you through His word?
Get Creative - You Choose!
• Draw a picture that represents this Psalm or a part of the Psalm to you.
• Rewrite the Psalm in your own words.
• Write a poem representing the author's emotions and feelings in the Psalm.
• Are there any modern day songs that remind you of this Psalm? Sing it or play it on an instrument.
• Grab your family/friends and make a tiktok/video to act out this Psalm.